Observing at the family weekend

From October 8 to 10, we had our family-weekend.  This time, we went to Devantave, a small town not too far away from La Roche-en-Ardenne.  According to lightpollutionmap.info, the SQM value should be 21.4.  It promised to be clear and it was around new moon, so I took my Obsession to the weekend to show my family some spectacular objects.  

When we arrived on October 8, the clear looked very clear, so I immediately set up the telescope.  Once it was dark enough, I started showing the constellations.  The sky is indeed good here, and the detail in the Milky Way was really impressive!

I showed M 13, M 27, and M 31, but the highlight of the evening was Saturn!  I really enjoyed all the 'Oh's and 'Waw's.  As it was already very late, especially for the smaller children, we stopped observing around 22:00.   

The next day, I did not set up the telescope anymore, but we could enjoy a nice conjunction of Venus and the Moon.

Conjunction of Venus and the Moon, with the Canon EOS 80D.

Conjunction of Venus and the Moon, with the Canon EOS R.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing an ASA AZ800 in the observatory at work

Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas

One observing night at the Roque de los Muchachos at La Palma