Cleaning the mirror

During the observations I did last week, I saw that there were some black spots on my mirror.  So today, I put my mirror in the shower and cleaned it.

I started rinsing the mirror with normal water.  I was happy that I could already see that most of the black spots disappeared. The second step was to add one drop of a cleaning product.  I then cleaned the mirror with cottonwood, by applying little pressure.  I finished by rinsing the mirror with demineralised water.  A very successful action, because the mirror looks again like new.

The mirror with the black spots (if you really look carefully).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing an ASA AZ800 in the observatory at work

Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas

One observing night at the Roque de los Muchachos at La Palma