Observing night May 31 - June 1, 2021

After a long time with no observing opportunities, summer finally came to Belgium.  The moon was still almost full, but only rose very late above the horizon, so some observing could be done.  Due to the summer time, it only gets dark very late, so I could only start aligning my Argo Navis around 23:30.  I stopped the observations at 1:00.  I must have made a mistake during the alignment process because the pointing of the telescope was very bad... 

The weather was very nice, with temperatures declining from 13.3 to 12.3 degrees Celsius, while the humidity rose from to 79% to 83%.  There was no wind at all.  

I mainly observed globular clusters.  I started with M 13 which is a really spectacular sight.  Also M 92 was very impressive.  M 56 however was much fainter.  I ended the observing session with a look at M 57.  

I planned to observe the next night, but I felt so tired that I decided not to do so.  

The observations are described in detail in DeepskyLog.

Observing some Deep-Sky objects


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing an ASA AZ800 in the observatory at work

Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas

One observing night at the Roque de los Muchachos at La Palma