Observing night in Simiane-la-Rotonde

On July 19, I did some observing with the 18'' Obsession.  It was to enjoy a very dark night again (SQM 21.6)! I started with observations of comet Neowise (C/2020 F3) and M 13.  Neowise was a real show in the eyepiece of the telescope.  I could enjoy a lot of nebula and detail.  After some fainter globular clusters in Ophiuchus, I enjoyed the splendid view of the Veil Nebula and the Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888).  The crescent was very easy to see with a lot of details.  In the 13mm Nagler, the whole field of view was full of nebula.  I ended the observing night with a view of Jupiter and Saturn. 

Table with my eyepieces, waiting for the night.

I made a timelapse movie of the observing night, using my Canon 80D and a 10mm F/2.8 Sigma lens.



All observations can be found in DeepskyLog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing an ASA AZ800 in the observatory at work

Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas

One observing night at the Roque de los Muchachos at La Palma